Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Very Hungry Caterpillar coloring pages

I'm starting out our butterfly week with The Very Hungry Caterpillar, by Eric Carle.

Lest those of you with older kids despair, I will be including things as we go for older kids. Awesome things. You'll love them.

but first:


coloring page from the author's website at http://www.eric-carle.com/coloringpage.html

My 2.5 year old, aka "The Shark," loved this one. He was able to tell me the story of the Very Hungry Caterpillar just from this coloring page.


It's a detailed page, which would make it great for kids a little older, but the Shark was not dissuaded, as you can see:





These have a number, color, and fruit on each page.
Super cute and the Shark loved them.

I printed them by clicking on each one, dragging it to my desktop & then opening up in Preview to print.

I helped a little, yes. But we had fun.


One of the great things about Carle's book is that you can use it to teach art, science, counting, colors, nutrition, etc. I think that's why it has remained so popular for 40 years. 
Stay tuned for butterfly sandwiches!




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment