Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Art Week! Cornstarch Goop.

Last week was Art Week! But I was sick, and then the Shark was sick, so we've been a little slow posting. But what better thing to do when you're sick (rather than run around all over the place)?

Several of the projects we did are from this book, called First Art:



This book has a lot of fun things to do for younger kiddos, ages 2-5. However, there are a lot of things that older kids would enjoy, too. For example:

I made this cornstarch "goop" for the Shark. He refused to touch it (to be fair, he had a terrible nap). However, I enjoyed it immensely. It is alternately solid and liquid—think mercury, but without the poisoning. While I won't be posting recipes from the book here (really, you should get the book), I will tell you that it's made of just cornstarch and water. Use about twice as much cornstarch as water, and go from there.

Here's a great youtube video that shows the goop in action:

Seriously - I couldn't stop playing with it. Just DON'T POUR IT DOWN THE DRAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment