Thursday, June 2, 2011

Butterfly hunt at the Arboretum

We took a picnic to the Dallas Arboretum today and went on a butterfly hunt. 

We saw small white butterflies, and a big black and yellow butterfly. I don't know what kinds of butterflies they were, but we have two butterfly events this weekend where we should learn that sort of thing.

Aren't you glad I didn't include an animated gif of a butterfly right here? Yeah, me too.

 
 These are celery sticks with peanut butter. They don't look like much now, but just you wait.

This is cheese. They were sampling it at Central Market last night, and it was really good, so I used it to make the sandwiches. I thought you would want to know.


Can you see the butterfly in this picture? It's right next to the...
no...
never mind, I can't see it either. 

Our Arboretum is beautiful. I took a picture of this, because I didn't get any pictures of butterflies. Butterflies are fast. By the time you pull your phone out of your pocket, and slide to unlock, and put in your four digit lock code... yeah, that butterfly is outta there.

No comments:

Post a Comment